Monday, February 3, 2014

Loot Crate January 2014 LAUNCH!

Hi Y'all!  I hope everyone had a great new year so far!  I have signed up for a subscription box for my boys, I saw this one and knew it would be cool to have one for them.  I am now a member of  Loot Crate.  I have boys that are gamers, especially my youngest, he is my little gamer/geek (as he says  LOL).  Loot Crate is a monthly sub for $13.37 +6 for shipping (19.37) a month and I think its well worth it, my youngest asks me when do I get my next sub box.  He is excited to get it and when he gets it in his hands he smiles and his eyes dance before he even gets it open (that is the best part, for me that is).  You can get a 1 month plan for 19.38 or a 3 month plan for $55.11 or a 6 month plan for $105.99.  I am on the 1 month plan so I can see if my son will really enjoy the boxes and also to see if they are worth it, so far so good, I'll keep it for a few more months.  OK now to the box...  =} Loot Crate curates a box of stuff for gamers with "geeky themes", it will have 6 - 8 items in each box and  as a member every month your name will be entered into the monthly giveaway for the Mega Crate. The Mega Crate is valued at least to $250 and will have anything from gamer accessories to clothes to game systems and tech gadgets. 
"Loot Crate is the monthly gear and swag club for those that live and embrace the geek and gaming lifestyle. Loot Crate is a product discovery box, connecting our subscribers, known as Looters, with the best new and emerging companies producing gear, snacks, toys, hardware, art, and other goodies for the geek and gaming market. Each month, Loot Crate handpicks 6-8 new items to include in the box, which are kept secret until the boxes are delivered!"
This months theme was LAUNCH!  
This one had space journey related items and a few were nostalgic (I remember them from when I was younger =})
The box is a classic black box with the words Loot Crate on it with their logo.  This is what the box looks like:
Insid
Top of the box

The first item I pulled out too look at is a vinyl Pop! Heroes Superman collectible by Funco (retail $12.99).  Superman measures to a 3 3/4 inches tall and his little head turns.  My son was pretty happy to get this guy, so if it makes him happy then it makes me happy  =}




This is a Mindcraft 2014 - 16 month mini wall calender by international trends (retail $6.99). I think every teenager should have a calender, I would love it if mine would write down all his events so I would know ahead of time  LOL 



When I saw this book I knew this was definitely for geeks  LOL  This is the Star Wars Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide by RandomHouse (retail $8.95)  My son said he will have a lot of fun with a few of his friends ans this book.



It has been a long time since I trading cards but he got some in this box.  Star Wars Game PocketModel TCG with games cards (retail $4.99)  This has games cards in it but also has packetmodels which are cards that have punch out pieces that you pop out and snap them together with tabs to make little models.



Example from an online site Now for the patches and sticker, basically the smaller stuff.  The first one is a beautifully embroidered NASA "Meatball" Emblem Patch (retail $5).  




This is a sticker of the Star Trek Communicator Badge by Walls360 (retail $12) and is a self-adhesive decal.  This is more nostalgic for me.  My uncle and I were Trekkies.



The last one is a Melting Rubik's Cube by Walls360 (retail$12)  It is a self adhesive wall decal, so you can stick it to something and then take it down and move it if you would like. This is another item that is nostalgic for me being an 80's girl (that might tell you my age =/) It made me smile and my son said I could have it.  =}



With the months theme of LAUNCH!  there is a launch pad on the bottom of this months box - 



There is a gamer code/cheat code in every box as well -



So, that is the Loot Crate for January 2014, I was very happy with it and so is my youngest son.  I will be keeping this sub box.  The box is 19.37 a month and this month I received about 62.92 in product that is a really good deal and is very much in my frugal realm.  The best part of this box is my boys are happy when it comes in the mail, the smiles are enough to keep the subscription.
  
There is a discount code right now.  You can get $3 off your box if you use the code FEBLOOT.

Here is my link...  http://mbsy.co/mlns

I hope you like these reviews, leave comments and feedback ot just say HI!  hehe =}
Bye for now Y'all  <3 

Just a note I want to apologize for this post looking different and a little strange.  I used the Blogaway app on my phone and when I try to fix it on my laptop it goes all wonky on me.  =/
Posted via Blogaway

5 comments:

Stacie Seidman said...

Loot Crate has the cutest things!
Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Stop by my blog to see what it's all about:
http://amateuratlarge.blogspot.com/2014/04/its-honor-just-to-be-nominated.html

A Fugal Diva, WHAT!?!?!? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Fugal Diva, WHAT!?!?!? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Fugal Diva, WHAT!?!?!? said...

I know I have not written much lately but I will start back up soon. The subs will be coming back along with some exciting frugal ideas. Thank you for the nomination. I will reply soon =} Probably tomorrow...

Unknown said...

this is such a cute post...I have a few not so cute posts - http://wantonartist.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment